Thursday, February 25, 2016

Tasting- Vina Galana Alicante Bouchet 2012


25 February 2016

Vina Galana Alicante Bouchet
Name: Vina Galana
Variety: Alicante Bouchet
Region: Castille-La Mancha
Country: Spain
Year: 2012
Price: $9.95
ABV: 13%/750mL

Shop Review: From the rare Alicante Bouchet, one of the few grapes in the world with red flesh this wine has a plush texture carrying flavors of brandied cherry and chocolate ganache in this round red. Light tannins and gentle acidity impart a lovely, balanced structure. 

My Review: Pungent dirty, earthy smell on the nose like if you tripped on a hike and fell nose first into the mud. Also some scents of mushrooms and really just a dominating smell of dirt. Definite chalky, dusty taste. Almost like licking a chalkboard or a dusty floor (For the record I've never licked a chalkboard, but I think this is what it would taste like). This also gave me a taste of moldy vegetables. Weird wine, but not the worst I've tasted. 

Food: I did not taste this with food. 

-W. 

No comments:

Post a Comment