Sunday, February 21, 2016

Tasting- Woodbridge Merlot 2014



21 February 2016


Woodbridge Merlot 2014
Name: Woodbridge by Robert Mondavi
Variety: Merlot
Region: California
Country: United States
Year: 2014
Price: $8


Shop Review: " The Woodbridge Merlot has luscious aromas of blackberries and cherries, and flavors of plums, red fruit, and cocoa. Coupled with supple tannins, hints of spice and mocha give this wine a complex character and good structure. Oak agin adds comforting vanilla accents to the smooth finish."

My Review: Tasted the Indwe Pinotage last week at The Palisades so I had to change things up this week and review something I picked up at the grocery store. Ended up with a 2014 Woodbridge Merlot by Robert Mondavi for about $8. I got a powerful oaky and vanilla scent on the nose with a hint of coffee. No doubt that this wine was aged in oak barrels.  This wine had a full-bodied, fruity taste. Smooth finish with little acidity or heat that was a little unexpected. I'd recommend this for any amateurs like myself going through the Kroger wine aisles looking for a cheap, yet satisfying bottle.

Food: I did not taste this with food.

-W.

No comments:

Post a Comment