Sunday, February 14, 2016

Tasting - Crane Lake Petite Syrah 2013


14 February 2016

Crane Lake Petite Syrah 2013

Name: Crane Lake
Variety: Petite Syrah
Region: Lodi, California
Country: United States
Year: 2013
Price: $5.95

Shop Review: "This wine is ruby-red colored; notes of blackberry, plums, and spice predominate the nose and flavors. The tannins give a soft, full mouth feel."

My Review: To the nose, this wine smelled like an abandoned funeral home that had been left to rot with all of the roses inside. But really, this wine had such a strong wilted flower scent that it reminded me of that neglected greenhouse that is always adjacent to the haunted house in horror flicks. This wine also had an odd, old taste to it like a rusted-out truck bed. I've never tasted an old, rusted truck bed, but I have a feeling this would be pretty similar. 

Food: I did not taste this with food.

-W. 

No comments:

Post a Comment