Sunday, February 21, 2016

Tasting- Crane Lake Gewurtztraminer 2013


21 February 2016


Name: Crane Lake
Variety: Gewurtztraminer
Region: Lake County
Country: California
Year: 2013
Price: $5.95

Shop Review: "Slightly high-toned notions of rose petal mingle with lemon on the nose and palate of this lightly sweet, richly textured yet balanced Gewurtztraminer. This is not as heady as you may expect and will be a treat with spicy Asian dishes. Lychee and rose petal make another very fetching appearance on the finish."

My Review: Good luck trying to pronounce this one. On the nose this wine seemed to me like an older, sour scent with also a floral component. I think the floral scents make me think of older people, things, funeral homes, etc. so that might just be my excuse for describing floral scents as old. Really sweet taste with a citrus like component similar to pineapple. Light-bodied and smooth finish make this a fine dessert wine. 

                                                         Food: I did not have this with food. 

-W. 

No comments:

Post a Comment