Friday, March 4, 2016

Tasting- Prime Brume Garganega 2014


3 March 2016

Guest Amateur Wine Connoisseur of the Week: Drew Woods

Prime Brume Garganega 2014
Name: Prime Brume 
Variety: Garganega
Country: Italy
Region: Soave
Year: 2014
Price: $11

Shop Review: Pale color. Fruity, floral minerally inviting aromas of passion fruit, white grapefruit, spice poached pear, and papaya with a lean, racy, bone-dry medium body and a smooth, complex, long lemon, passion fruit, raw hazelnut, and wet stones finish with no tannins and light oak. From the tantalizing nose full of exotic fruit, citrus and minerality thru to the long, crisp finish, this soave can seamlessly go from cocktail hour thru to vibrantly flavored dishes. (Tastings.com Rating: 91 points)

Drew's Review: Two words: Rico. Suave. Complex taste and smooth smells makes this a great wine. One hit wonder for sure. Drink it up right away and enjoy the moment because this one isn't going to last long.  

My Review: I don't know what the Tastings.com reviewer saw in this wine, but I did not catch any of that. On the nose, I caught a dry, floral scent kind of like my grandma's bathroom, but in a good way. (GMa, I promise I'm not hating on your bathroom) It sort of smells like that perfume that well-aged ladies wear. Lightly citrus taste, but I didn't really get much else. 

Food: We did not taste this with food. 

-W. 

No comments:

Post a Comment