Friday, March 25, 2016

Tasting- Crane Lake Shiraz


25 March 2016

2013 Crane Lake Shiraz
Name: Crane Lake
Variety: Shiraz
Country: United States
Region: California
Year: 2013
Price: $5.95

Shop Review: Beautiful ruby appearance, with blackberry and pepper notes. Tannins and fruit marry well for a soft finish. This wine pairs well with sharp cheddar cheese and hazelnuts. Also try it along with roast lamb at Easter time, veal marsala, or grilled onion. 

My Review: Old floral and earthy scents dominate this bouquet. It made me think of post garden harvest where the plants are decaying in the dirt. All I can say about the taste of this Shiraz is interesting. There are a long of things going on with this wine and it was almost too much. I think I could eventually get used to it, but it is going to take some time. 

Food: I did not taste this with food. 

-W. 

No comments:

Post a Comment